7 Unusual Pets And How To Deal With Their Odors
If you’re into exotic pets, you’ve probably already dealt with negative opinions from neighbors, and possibly even from friends and relatives. Some people just don’t get it, and that’s OK. As an exotic pet owner, the best you can do is deal with the legitimate complaints (i.e., using an effective pet odor eliminator to deal with exotic pet odors) and shrug off the silly ones.
We can’t eliminate all the challenges that come with owing an exotic pet, but we can help with the odor elimination. Biocide Systems’ line of odor elimination products are perfect for dealing with the odors of these, and many other exotic pets:
- Snakes. Contrary to popular belief, snakes (in and of themselves) don’t present a huge odor problem. As long as you clean their enclosure regularly, they don’t require any special odor eliminator products. The rodents they feed on, however, CAN be a real problem. The best pet odor eliminator for rodents is Room Shocker.
- Alligators (or other crocodilians). Like most animals, alligators, caimans, and other crocodilians have a unique odor. Unlike most common pets, it’s not an odor that most neighbors are accustomed to. The best way to keep it at bay is to clean their enclosure regularly. If your pet is still small and lives in an aquarium, Room Shocker will eliminate the odor. If it lives in an outdoor enclosure, use Liquid Shocker.
- Ferrets. The best way to keep a ferret’s odor at bay is to bathe it regularly. Otherwise, it natural oils produce a strong odor. You will also want to clean its enclosure and litter regularly. If the odor does become noticeable, most odor removal products won’t help. Use Room Shocker, the pet odor eliminator that removes odors permanently.
- Skunks. As long as you you’ve had your skunk’s odor producing glands removed, they aren’t much more odorous than dogs or cats. Like any other animal, they should be bathed regularly. If the odor does get out of hand, use Room Shocker (for indoor animals) or Liquid Shocker (for animals kept outside).
- Foxes. Foxes are becoming popular as pets. Unfortunately, most people who buy them are unaware that they produce a strong musky odor (worse than ferrets). Regular bathing helps, but you will want to use Liquid Shocker in their kennel as well. If you keep your fox indoors, Room Shocker is the most effective pet odor eliminator.
- Monkeys. There’s no delicate way to put this: Monkeys stink. They’re great pets, but it takes a lot of work to keep them clean. Bio-Shock your home at least quarterly to keep the smell at bay. If your money has an outdoor enclosure, use Liquid Shocker.
- Big Cats. Lions, tigers, cougars, and other big cats are a lot like smaller cats. They have a lot of the same odor issues (spraying, etc.). As you can imagine, the odor (like the cat) is more pronounced. Regular odor removal products won’t do the trick. Use Liquid Shocker as your pet odor eliminator.