Here are some common questions we receive about our products and chlorine dioxide odor removal in general.
How many Room Shockers will I need?
It depends on the size of your space. Each Room Shocker will treat a room of up to 400 square feet. You need to use one odor eliminator per room.
Can I stay in the house with the product while it is in use?
While Room Shocker is safe for humans, pets, and even plants, we do not recommend being in a confined space while the product is working for any extended period of time. Like most other cleaning solutions, the products may irritate your eyes and throat. It is, however, completely safe to go in and out of the room and/or stay in any other part of the house where the product is not in use.
Do I need to remove or cover any delicate items, food, or plants?
No, you do not. Our products are safe for plants, food, and other delicate items including electronic equipment. All of the chlorine dioxide (ClO2) basically breaks down into a saltwater solution.
Will I need to shut off the pilot or furnace in my house?
No, our product is not flammable in any way.
Do any of your products leave a film that needs to be cleaned up after use?
No, our product evaporates into a basic saltwater solution leaving no residue whatsoever.
Do any of these products emit any smell?
You will notice a light chlorine smell immediately after using the product. Open the doors and windows for at least 20 to 30 minutes to air out the space. The smell will dissipate completely. In addition, air and sunlight aids in rapidly breaking down the product, so there will be no bad smells in your home.
Are your products safe for pets and humans?
Yes, our products are safe for pets and humans; however, you should not be in the same room while the product is working. There is no residue or lingering odor that will cause harm to animals or humans.
Can Room Shocker be used in a car or Auto Shocker be used in a house?
No, each product has been formulated for a specific application, whether for in rooms, vehicle interiors, cleaning skunk and pet odors, etc. Please use our products in accordance with the easy-to-follow directions.
How does the product work?
ClO2-DMG technology, through its patented dry-medium, release technology is able to generate and release a nontoxic chlorine dioxide, or ClO2, vapor into any confined area. This release of the nontoxic chlorine dioxide vapor penetrates deeply into any porous material, removing the odors.*
Instead of trapping particles like activated charcoal or carbon filters do, our odor eliminator for homes, vehicles, and facilities breaks up odors at the molecular level. This makes it the most effective odor neutralizer. Odor molecules are oxidized, meaning electrons are removed from reactive molecules, rendering them inactive so your room smells fresh and clean.
What can I use this product for?
Our products can be used to remove odors of all types in homes, schools, hotels, and motels. They are also used by realtors and owners of apartment buildings, commercial buildings, warehouses, restaurants, bars, cabins, marinas, health care facilities, gyms, etc. Our odor eliminators are effective in locker rooms, basements, and restrooms as well.
Sales Tax Policy
How much tax will be charged on my purchase?
Sales tax will be collected for all sales within the state of California; for all other sales outside of California, the customer will be responsible to report their sales tax to their corresponding agency.
What is your money-back guarantee?
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and we're dedicated to your success. But with the internet being what it is (the wild west for people who try to get things for free), we do need to make some rules. Here they are:
- We will refund your money if the odor eliminator does not work as advertised. We've sold (and used) a lot of these, so we know they work. There are really only two ways that they don't work: they are used incorrectly, or (rarely) there is a packaging defect.
- If you believe that you have a packaging defect (as in you did not notice any chemical odor when used as directed and the water in the cup did not turn yellow, then please call us and arrange for a return. We will need for you to return the outer foil pouch (for the batch code). See directions below in "How to Return A Product That Didn't Work." You can choose to get your money back, and we will refund the purchase price (minus shipping) upon receipt of the returned product. We can also ship you a replacement for free if you would rather try it again.
- The more common (though still rare) situation is that the odor control product is used in a way that is incorrect. These include: using the product in direct sunlight, using the product in too large of an area (ex: using one for whole house), where there is too much organic matter for it to deodorize—such as dirt-floor basements, which it will try to deodorize all the dirt in the basement—or where the odor source (vomit, musty odors, organic material, etc.) has not been removed. We will typically request that you send back the original product (directions below in "How to Return A Product That Didn't Work") and that you consult with our customer support reps regarding how the product should be used. We may choose to send you a replacement product at that point.
- Our money-back guarantee applies only to first-time customers and non-institutional sales. That is, we will only refund purchases of 10-packs or less and only from first-time customers, and only when the products have been returned (directions below in "How to Return A Product That Didn't Work").
- Return or refused shipments will incur a 25% restocking fee. All products must be returned in good condition and in its original packaging.
- We reserve the right to modify this policy in cases where we feel that the claim is fraudulent, you have not complied with our directions, or used the product in a way not intended.
If you are not satisfied with the results for any reason, we can refund your money. Just email us a description of how it was used and the reason why you are dissatisfied. We will refund the purchase price (minus shipping) right away. All of our products are guaranteed to work, provided that the basic instructions are followed.
How do I return a product that didn't work?
- Money-back guarantee claims must be filed withing 30 days of purchase, no exceptions.
- Call our customer support team at 877-RX-BIOCIDE to get authorization to return the product and discuss how the chlorine dioxide odor removal product was used. Or you may send an email to email@example.com. Remember all claims must be submitted within 30 days of purchase.
- If you feel that the product did not activate—this would mean no color in the water and/or no crystallization on the outside of the pouch—then please leave the product in direct sunlight for one day before shipping.
- Place both the inner and outer pouches into a re-sealable zipper bag and seal the bag. Use either the original packaging/box in which it was shipped, or a padded envelope to ship the product back.
- Return the product to the address below:
388 Omar Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Is this a one-time use product?
Room Shocker, and all our odor control products, are formulated for a single use. The idea is to remove the odors in one clean shot by penetrating all porous surfaces to get the odors where they hide.
How fast can I receive my order?
All orders are processed and shipped out the same day they are received, provided they are received on or before 1:00 PM Pacific Time. Any orders received after 1:00 PM Pacific Time will be shipped the following business day. A business day is considered Monday through Friday. All orders, including overnight and international, received on Friday, after 1 PM Pacific Time, will be shipped the following Monday. All orders are shipped Priority Mail through the United States Postal Service, with the exception of overnight shipping and international orders.
- International shipping will be shipped First-Class Mail through the United States Postal Service.
- Overnight shipping is offered Monday through Friday, provided orders are received on or before 1 PM Pacific T
Please be advised, the US Post Office will only guarantee next-day delivery to most destinations; in rare cases they may not be able to deliver next day. We strongly recommend you check their policy at www.USPS.com. Furthermore, your postal carrier has the option not to leave a package if he or she deems it unsafe due to theft or vandalism, unless instructed by you at your local post office. Please check with the following link to ensure that your package can be delivered next day (http://webapps.usps.com/expressmailcommitments/landing.jsp). Just enter your zip code and our zip code which is 90013. If you wish for your package to be left under any circumstance, we recommend that you let your local post office know.
If you have any additional questions that haven’t been answered here, or require assistance finding the right chlorine dioxide odor removal product for your application, call us at 877-792-4624 or submit your enquiry online.