How to Remove Cat Pee Odor
Despite all his or her attitude, you love your cat. They are precious bundles of joy. Right there to give you love and accommodate you. So you can’t but help overlook their mistakes and make cover-up stories for the ‘accidents’ your cat caused. But there is one thing that is decidedly not excusable: your cat relieving itself in your bed, on the carpet spread across the living room, or even on your work clothes!
Your cat piss whiff is going to be greeting your guests when they enter your house. I know, you can’t bear it yourself and it’s dreadful. And the only fear you have in mind as you prepare to clean it up is what if the stain and the smell never go away. Now that would be a problem.
Follow these tips on removing cat pee odor from your home and the reasons behind it.
- Cats are known to be fussy creatures as well as being “fuzzy”, adorable pets. Try to keep their litter box as clean as possible so they wouldn’t have second thoughts about doing their business elsewhere.
- For when your cat or kitten pisses on the carpet, make sure to blot up as much of the cat pee with paper towels or old rags; treat the spot to a water and vinegar mixture and let it dry. Then sprinkle baking soda over it. After having tested the hydrogen peroxide on an inconspicuous area of the carpet, sprinkle the solution along with dish detergent and work it in with a good old brush. Let this dry too and vacuum it.
If, for some reason, you can still smell the cat piss, lather and rinse it before repeating. You may want to consider renting a wet vac or extractor to get rid of the heavy stains set in your carpeting; avoid the steam cleaners for upholstery or carpet cleaning though because it will permanently bond the stain to the fibers.
- For the machine-washable laundry, including your bedding, clothing, rugs, add apple cider vinegar or baking soda to your usual detergent and then air dry it. Again, if the cat urine’s smell is still detected, then wash them again, this time adding an enzymatic cleaner to the mix.
- If the wood of your baseboard, furniture, or walls has reacted to the urine acid and feature discoloration, you would need to remove and replace its layers of paint or varnish. There are washable wallpapers and washable enamel paint that are considered safe for pets.
- But if you are looking for a green and easy to use product, which additionally is effective at removing the strong cat pee odor from your home and car, Bio Shocker can help. Not much is required on your part in terms of time and effort; it is even safe so people who get affected with the chemical stuff can benefit from it.
Cleaning of the cat’s mess is stressed too for the reason that if they can smell their own urine at the particular spot, they will continue to come and use it again repeatedly. Given that, the economic Room Shocker is the ideal solution because they eliminate the odor forever using CI02 odor eliminator technology.
If home remedies are not your thing, contact 877-792-4624 and get to know more about this revolutionary technology. With Biocide products, it’s a guarantee you won’t always be worrying about accidents in future.
Eliminates severe odors*, Guaranteed! Not...
Room Shocker™ ClO2 Odor Eliminator Quick Release Vapor
Good for any vehicle interior. Compact, F...
Auto Shocker™ ClO2 Odor Eliminator Quick Release
For hard surface deodorization, guarantee...
Liquid Shocker™ ClO2 Odor Eliminator
Guaranteed to leave your RV smelling fres...
RV Shocker™ ClO2 Odor Eliminator Quick Release Vapor
Guaranteed to leave your boat smelling fr...
Marine Shocker™ ClO2 Odor Eliminator Quick Release Vapor
Get rid of Skunk odors off of your pet, G...
doggiClEEN™ Skunk Spray ClO2 Odor Eliminator 8 oz